Norman Gate School has been accredited by Hampshire Local Authority to provide an outreach service to mainstream schools.
Our aim is:
- To provide our local mainstream schools with specialist support to enable them to best meet the needs of their pupils with SEND.
- To strengthen inclusion practice within mainstream settings.
- To provide high quality training.
The Outreach Team offer a warm and friendly referral based service and can provide the following areas of support:
- Liaison with SENCos, teachers and school staff to offer advice and strategies
- A planned programme of support
- Individualised resources
- Support in setting up the learning environment
- Curriculum differentiation
- In reach visits for staff (not currently possible due to Covid -19 risk assessment)
We are also able to offer bespoke training tailored to the needs of your school, this could be in the form of an INSET, twilight, staff meeting, training for specific groups of staff or in house training offered at Norman Gate. We are also able to offer Autism Education Trust (AET) accredited training. Please contact the Outreach Team for further information about training and training costs.
THOMAS Outreach Programme
Norman Gate School is also able to offer the THOMAS Outreach Programme. The THOMAS Outreach Programme (T.O.P.) is an educational service for preschool children aged 3-4 years with social communication difficulties or autism, who are currently attending a mainstream preschool and planning to attend a mainstream school. Our T.O.P. worker supports children both at home and in their preschool.
If you would like further information about the THOMAS Outreach Programme, please contact Kathy Ellis at email@example.com
If you have any further enquiries about making an individual referral to our outreach service please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Phone 01264 323423